Children’s Homes Regulation 45 – Quality of Care Review
This template will enable the registered person to complete the children’s homes Regulation 45 quality of care review robustly and easily. Includes all the essential information needed to demonstrate the quality of your children’s home.
The registered person must complete a review of the quality of care provided for children (“a quality of care review”) at least once every 6 months. In order to complete a quality of care review the registered person must establish and maintain a system for monitoring, reviewing and evaluating—
- The quality of care provided for children;
- The feedback and opinions of children about the children’s home, its facilities and the quality of care they receive in it; and
- Any actions that the registered person considers necessary in order to improve or maintain the quality of care provided for children.
After completing a quality of care review, the registered person must produce a written report about the quality of care review and the actions, which the registered person intends to take as a result of the quality of care review (“the quality of care review report”). The registered person must—
- Supply to HMCI a copy of the quality of care review report within 28 days of the date on which the quality of care review is completed; and
- Make a copy of the quality of care review report available on request to a placing authority, if the placing authority is not the parent of a child accommodated in the home.
- The system referred to in paragraph (2) must provide for ascertaining and considering the opinions of children, their parents, placing authorities and staff.
Updating the essential information (Annex A) is always recommended and we have included this if you wish to delete or alter any part of the form please do so.
Includes prompts and suggestions to help you demonstrate your service progress, development and improvement initiatives.
Instant download when purchased.