Aims and Objectives
The Supported Accommodation Regulations and Quality Standards require providers to have a business continuity plan for all services. The continuity plan must detail what you would do and how you would respond if you needed to take any temporary actions in an emergency.
A continuity plan aims to help you respond effectively to an emergency in the setting. Your business continuity plan should be generic enough to cover a range of potential incidents occurring during and outside regular working hours, including weekends and holidays.
These incidents include:
- public health incidents (e.g. a significant infectious disease incident)
- severe weather (e.g. flooding)
- serious injury to a resident or member of staff (e.g. transport accident)
- considerable damage to property (e.g. fire)
- criminal activity (e.g. bomb threat)
- the effects of a disaster on the local community
** This template includes the Department for Education (DfE) requirements for emergency planning and response for education, childcare, and children’s social care settings. It provides an effective all-around business continuity plan for children’s social care.
The purpose of this plan is to:
- Ensure suitable and sufficient structures are in place to manage business interruptions.
- Ensure adequate arrangements to minimise the impact of business interruption on the organisation’s service users.
- Enable the organisation to instigate sound business recovery following a business interruption.
- Ensure critical services continue to be provided to service users/clients.
- Ensure communication is provided in an accurate and timely manner.
- Identify changes in working patterns/processes to avoid potential risks.
- Set up a system for a flexible response to unpredictable events.
This plan is an operational document that should be updated at regular intervals. The plan outlines the general procedures to be taken in a business interruption affecting the organisation’s activities.
Done-for-You: The plan is fully completed, including responses to triggers and control measures, and helps you map your emergency response continuity plans
(Instant Download on Purchase)