Finding Your Why
The first step in your journey to your one-of-a-kind business is discovering your “why.” This is an essential question that all successful business owners must be able to answer. Your why might be as simple as more money or more freedom. It might be as complex as wanting to follow your passion for making a difference in the lives and future prospects of children and young people or creating jobs and making an impact in your community.
Some ideas to get you started:
- I want to spend more time doing what I am passionate about
- I want to help make a difference to looked after children
- I want to provide a safe place for children to live
- I want to follow my dreams
- I want to do something that’s is close to my heart
- I want to be an entrepreneur
- I want to make a massive impact in my community
- I want to be financially secure
- I want to be in control of my destiny
What does any of this have to do with business?
Only when you can define your unique “why” will you be able to build a business that you truly love and that you are passionate about. That’s why so many heart-centred entrepreneurs feel like a failure at a job—they simply aren’t passionate, and it doesn’t feed their “why.”
Only your own business has that power, and it’s up to you to discover your unique meaning in life, so you can build a business that allows you to achieve your goals.
As you begin to build the vision for your residential children’s home, you must be able to answer your why. It will likely form part of your mission statement and help drive you toward your goals.
When times get tough, reminding yourself of your why will help provide the momentum to keep you moving forward?
Are you ready to take the next steps in reaching your goals?